TRIPP is looking for a senior data engineer to take TRIPP’s XR wellness offering to the next level. TRIPP is the creator of an award-winning, science-based XR application that supports our users in managing their mental and emotional well-being: “Inner Fitness”. We seek passionate technological innovators that find purpose in our mission to support people and help them find greater agency over how they feel over time. Most importantly, we would like to find individuals willing to make a substantial contribution to TRIPP’s unique approach to positively impacting wellness around the world. All positions are fully remote with flexible working hours.
- Provide leadership and initiative on data governance policies and processes
- Develop and support ETL pipelines with robust monitoring and alarming
- Develop data models that are optimized for business understand-ability and usability
- Develop and optimize data tables using best practices for partitioning, compression, parallelization, etc.
- Develop and maintain metadata, data catalog, and documentation for internal business customers
- Help internal business customers troubleshoot and optimize SQL and ETL solutions to solve reporting problems
- Work with internal business customers and partner technical teams to gather and document requirements for data publishing and consumption
- Develop and collaborate with engineers on Machine Learning initiatives
- Prefer at least one AAA game release or equivalent professional industry experience.
- Able to work in the United States.
- Must be able to communicate in English text + video chat.
- Bachelor’s (bonus if Masters) degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields
- 8+ Years of industry experience in Data Engineering, BI Engineer or related field with experience manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- 5+ Years of Data Warehouse Experience or as a Data Engineer
- Demonstrated strength in SQL, scripting, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Extensive experience working with cloud services (preferably GCP and AWS) with a strong understanding of cloud databases (e.g. BigQuery/Firestore), compute engines, data streaming , storage
- Experience/Exposure using big data technologies
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, develop solutions, and deliver results
And it would be great if you:
- Are passionate about XR, VR, AR, and the potential of technology for good
- Are interested in meditation, personal development, and mental wellness
- Have prior experience working in a fast-paced, ever-changing, start-up environment
To learn if your background aligns with our needs, please send your resume as an attachment and your cover letter and salary requirements in the body of the email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: “Senior Data Engineer”
TRIPP is an equal opportunity employer.